FAQ

Candle burning instructions

Please consult the safety instructions on the bottom of your candle prior to use.

On the first burn let the wax melt pool reach all the way across the jar to ensure an even melting pool.

When lighting your candle thereafter, trim the wick to 1/4 inch. This will prevent your candle from burning too quickly while keeping the scent throw to the best quality possible.

Never burn candles for more than 4 hours at a time.

Do not leave a lit candle unattended.

When your candle is finished we encourage you to simply rise off remaining wax with with warm water and soap and repurpose this food safe jar for your needs.

 

Wood care instructions

Oiled wood is happy wood. 
Wipe on our wood butter or a food-safe mineral oil of your preference with a clean cloth over the entire wood surface. Continue applying until the entire piece is saturated. Allow wood butter or oil to set for at least one hour (up to overnight if possible for maximum absorption), then buff any excess off with a clean cloth.


Water and wood are not friends.
Hand wash only. Do not soak in water, or put in a dishwasher, as water dries  wood out. Dry with a soft towel immediately after washing.


Wood will change.
Prolonged exposure to direct sunlight can affect wood colouration and dries out the wood. It is normal for wood to display wear over time and can be a charming part of a piece’s look. If desired a light sanding (240-600 grit) and oiling (with our wood butter or any wood conditioner) will bring the surface back to new. 

 

Resin Care Instructions

Resin is food-safe for the service of cold food and drink only and should be cleaned in warm water as necessary.

Resin should not be used in the microwave or oven.

Resin is durable however it is not indestructible and should be treated with care. Like ceramic it can break if dropped or knocked against a hard surface.

The surface of the resin may dull with repeated use and washing. Use our wood butter or a drop of mineral oil to return shine to the surface. 

Do not use alcohol based products for cleaning. 

Rub light scratches with a mild soap or acetone solution and a soft cloth. Heavier scratches can be removed with a Light Duty Scotchbrite Pad and a more concentrated cleaning solution. Never use a dry pad and use light pressure only.  

 

Allergies

Our candles, soaps and bath soaks are made primarily with natural essential oils, they are natural plant extracts and may cause allergies for those with sensitivity to the plant family or fragrance. Please discontinue use if an allergic reaction occurs.